Website Home  HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 13 on Sat May 11, 2013 2:02 am
March 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Tutorial: To acquire Gobjects from the game

Go down 
AuthorMessage
MaceWolf
WowAnarchy Owner
MaceWolf

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-11-26

My Role Play Profile
Main Character Name: MaceWolf
Race: Tauren
Guild: AnarchyStaff

PostSubject: Tutorial: To acquire Gobjects from the game   Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:45 pm

........Not tried yet.........

For example, the giant blade throwers and cannons on Path of Glory in Hellfire Peninsula, aren't GOs spawnable.
You need to download WoW Model Viewer. Then MyWarcraftStudio.
WoWModelViewer will let you see the GOs and then you need to type the name (exactly) in MyWarcraftStudio search.
Before you do this, open MyWarcraftStudio and then open MPQ file archive (World of Warcraft Files). It should be in C:\Programmi\World of Warcraft\Data\enGB. Open patch-EnGB (or EnUS).
Now you can look for the DisplayID and then you need to create a new GO, using the DisplayID you found.

Mywarcraftstuido ObjectdisplayID's are wrong...
After finding the objectdisplay ID i want from the studio.I put in the display id in a new record in gameobject_names. When i reload the server the object spawned is just a white and blue box...

Which object did you take? Some objects have no displayid in the game even if it's in the dbc's. Usually larger objects such as houses, bridges etc. If it ends with .wmo it usually won't work. Try, still.

If a gameobject has the .wmo extension change the gameobject type to 14. It is a map object and is used for all objects that change the minimap for example. All objects in Mywarcraftstudio does work. If you make them right object type. Take 5 for .mdx extensions and 14 for .wmo extensions.

gm.macewolf@gmail.com
Back to top Go down

Tutorial: To acquire Gobjects from the game
Page 1 of 1